Find your home here!
For more than 15 years, A Step Ahead has been one of the region’s most progressive early intervention programs for children who have one or more developmental delays.
Our innovative work is the result of skilled staff, collaborative teams and a shared commitment to never give up on any child. We uncover the potential of every child we serve and foster an environment where you can uncover your potential, too.
If you’re inspired by children and motivated by tenacious and talented peers, apply today. We promise you’ll find joy and laughter working with amazing families and children – and a team that supports you and each other.
Our current positions include:
Fun-loving Speech and Language Pathologist needed to join our enthusiastic team of early intervention providers . Work with infants and toddlers and their caregivers in the home environment to improve speech, language, and feeding skills. We serve the Bethel, Franklin Pierce, Puyallup, Orting, Eatonville, and Tacoma School Districts. Enjoy a fun, flexible, and positive working environment with a multidisciplinary staff.
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Development of treatment plans and home programs
- Assisting in the development of Individual Family Service Plans
- Prefer ASHA certification, but will consider a Clinical Fellow for the right candidate.
- Experience with children under the age of 5 and a wide range of diagnoses including Autism, genetic disorders, medically fragile, and motor-speech disorders, strongly preferred.
- We prefer a full-time a candidate, but will consider part-time for the right person.
Medical, dental and life insurance. Paid holiday, personal leave and vacation pay; cell phone allowance; mileage reimbursed.
Please send cover letter and resume to